Delivering Scientific and Service Excellence for 10 Years
28th September 2017
In 2007, a team of experienced industry professionals founded BioOutsource Ltd. in Glasgow, UK. This year we are celebrating our 10 year anniversary, and taking a look back at our key milestones and achievements. Follow our story about how we began as a small start-up business to becoming one of the global leaders in contract testing.
- BioOutsource Ltd. was founded
- The company was set up to address customer service level issues in the industry, offering excellent customer service as well as scientific expertise.
- BioOutsource Ltd. receieved MHRA approval and GMP certification.
- BioOutsource Ltd. was awarded the most promising new life science company in Scotland at the annual Scottish Enterprise Life Sciences Awards ceremony.
- Laboratory space was doubled at the West of Scotland Science Park in Glasgow, as we continued to grow and offer more services.
- Utilising our expertise in bioanalytical testing of innovator biologics, BioOutsource Ltd. pioneered the development of off-the-shelf assays to support biosimilar characterization and comparibility.
- A full range of services was launched in September 2013 for the top 6 blockbuster monochlonal antibodies. Something we have been adding to ever since.
- PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd. select BioOutsource to support clinical sampling analysis of its Phase I / II OCTAVE ovarian cancer study.
- Due to the global demand for our biosimilar testing services, BioOutsource Ltd. expanded its footprint with a new Biosimilar Centre of Excellence building, doubling our capacity for bioanalytical testing.
- BioOutsource Ltd. was acquired by Sartorius Stedim Biotech to strengthen and develop SSB’s service offering throughout the drug development pathway.
- Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd. opens new facility in Glasgow, UK to increase capacity for bioanalytical testing of biologics and biosimilars
- Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd. Glasgow facility successfully passes inspection by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Not a single Form 483 observation for non-conformance was issued.
- Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource double workforce due to increasing demand for its contract testing services.
- Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource incorporates Sartorius Stedim Cellca’s services and products onto its website to position the integrated early stage development services offered by Sartorius Stedim Biotech to the market.
- Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource expands service offering to include N-glycan analysis for in-depth profiling of IgG glycosylation.
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech opens new laboratory in Cambridge, MA, USA to enable U.S. biopharmaceutical companies to easily access BioOutsource bioanalytical and biosafety testing services.
- Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource are named as Scottish Life Sciences Company of the year at the Made in Scotland awards. We were recognised for our innovative services and ability to make an impact on the in the markets we serve, both domestically and internationally.
- In order to better meet customer requirements, Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource expanded its service offering to include a full-range of physicochemical and structural testing services for innovator monoclonal antibodies and biosimilars.
- Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource was awarded the European Bioanalytical Contract Testing Services Customer Service Leadership award for our pioneering off-the-shelf methods, thought leadership and commitment to delivering service excellence.
We look forward to continuing to deliver scientific excellence and world class customer service as part of Sartorius Stedim Biotech.
Talk to one of our scientific experts about your testing requirements.